IFA is an independent, professionally managed philanthropic organisation, established in Bangalore in 1993.
IFA enriches the practice, knowledge of, widens public access to, and strengthens capacity and infrastructure in the arts in India, by supporting innovative projects, commissioning research and creating public platforms.
Our work is made possible through financial support from foundations, corporations and individuals. We also raise funds through events, services, consultancies and partnerships.
Grants and Initiatives
Arts Practice – Projects and residencies that challenge and extend current art practices.
New Performance – Projects that explore new content and form in performance.
Arts Research and Documentation – Projects that enhance understanding of artistic traditions and contemporary art practices.
Arts Education – Awards, fellowships and workshops to enrich education through the arts; research and seminars to strengthen advocacy for arts education.
Curatorial Practice – Projects that build capacity and create new frames of reference for the presentation of the arts.
Performance Infrastructure – Projects that strengthen facilities and capacities for creating, developing and showing performances.
We also make grants that address issues of livelihood and sustainability in the arts, strengthen networks and support artists in adverse environments.
• Festivals, seminars, conferences and presentations
• Workshops on themes of relevance to the arts
• Conversations between artists
• ArtConnect, a biannual arts magazine
• A quarterly e-newsletter
• Studies, reports and manuals on various aspects of the arts
We Offer Services
• Design and manage arts courses for educational institutions
• Develop and conduct arts workshops and events for corporations
• Produce evaluations, reports, directories and databases for foundations and cultural organisations
For enquiries on grants, partnerships, donations, or to become a ‘Friend of IFA’ write to: